Looptastic Producer 3 Demo
Rocking the iPhone and iPod touch, including new iPhone 4 and iOS 4!
iTunesThis App is amazing! The app does everything it says it does, but the real power is in the ability to load your own samples...
iTunesSo much fun. Really impressed by it, and it makes you feel like a music genius...
– i am mano
Mix. Create. Produce. Perform.
Create non-stop mixes and new music tracks on your iPhone and iPod Touch. Use it as a live remix and loop-based performance tool. Great for adding spice to a DJ set or to pull out at your next party. Looptastic always keeps grooving while you drag-and-drop loops, mix instruments, perform filter sweeps and stutter edits. Export your performance as an audio file or share it via SoundCloud. Includes 380 loops in major dance styles plus you can import your own. It's a party in your pocket!
Looptastic Producer was featured in the What's Hot section of the App Store.
"Looptastic Producer offers elite producers the most bang for their buck." Wired.com, "Best Ways to Produce Music on an iPhone"
"You'll be mixing like a pro." Fox News
"A cool and intuitive remixing environment" Electronic Musician
"What an amazing app. The tempo / stretch control is completely seamless. This app has gone from strength to strength and I hope it keeps on going." Palm Sounds
"Its so easy to perform different mixes in real time that saying it is smooth is a total understatement. A real winner! Good work guys!!" KeyWiz
"Deep [yet] easy to use." AppCraver.com
See Looptastic in action. Check out the videos and audio clips at www.soundtrends.com. Or download the FREE version, Looptastic Gold to get a little taste of what Looptastic can do!
NOTE: There is currently a problem with iPhone 2G (2nd Generation) models and we are working on a fix ASAP. However, please note that the Producer 3.5 recording features will never work on this older device.
- NEW! Sync app tempos across networks (WIFI, Bluetooth) with NEW Core MIDI Support - create cool, new music rigs of multiple apps, iOS devices and Macs.
- Now includes 380 loops packaged as remixable Loop Sets spanning Electro, Trance, Hip-Hop, Dubstep, Ambient, Breakbeat, Drum ’n’ Bass, Minimal, Progressive House and Reggaeton styles. NOTE: Requires that you download Loop Sets from the Loop Store at no charge.
- Loop Sets include drum beats, basses, synths and other crucial remix elements. Mix and match sets to fuel a new mix!
- Record your own loops with the iPhone microphone. NOTE: FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE ON iPhone 2G MODEL.
- Load up to four minutes of CD-quality loops per set.
- Automatic beat synchronization makes loops of different tempos play in sync! The pitch stays the same--only the BPM changes.
- Manipulate the sound with any of 9 effects, including Filters, Delay, Repeater, Bit Crusher, Flanger and more.
- NEW – Stutter Loop effect for cool Glitch effects!
- Perform and layer effects using the XY Touchpad Controller.
- Record your own DJ style mix/remixer performance (including effects) as a new track.
- Multitouch volume control with three mix zones and DJ style crossfader.
- Import your own loops in AIFF, WAV, or OGG format using an intuitive web interface. Importing simply requires a Wi-Fi connection to a PC, Mac, or Linux machine and a browser.
- Export your mix to Mac or PC via WiFi as a CD quality track.
- Share your mix with the world via your SoundCloud account.
- Use AudioCopy/AudioPaste with other mobile apps like Sonoma Wire Works' InstantDrummer and others.
- Play up to 20 loops at the same time.
- One Shot mode plays samples without time-stretching -- ideal for trigging samples on top of your tracks..
- Manually trigger loops using a waveform display and use the innovative Scratch Strip for DJ effects.
Tips & Tricks
- Looptastic is easy to use, but surprisingly deep. Here are some insider tips for creating more exciting performances.
You don’t need to wait for all the sounds to load before starting to mix. As soon as a loop icon lights up, you can drag it to the playing field and begin your performance. You can even drag unloaded sounds there; they’ll start to play as soon as they’ve loaded. (This technique works best with percussive loops.)
You don’t have to wait for loops to load before starting your performance.
Hello, I’ll Be Your Fader
Play the Extremes
The Looptastic crossfader is a lot more expressive than you’d think. Tap the extreme right and left edges of the fader on the beat to create DJ-style transform effects. (Try tapping the filter screen on offbeats, too.)
Cue & Evolve
Move the fader all the way to one side, cue up some loops in the silent zone, and then snap the fader over to the silent side on the next downbeat. That will transition to a new section in your song. Repeat this left-right, cue-and-snap movement to keep the mix evolving.
Put all the loops except a vocal into one side zone, and then quickly crossfade to the other side to solo the vocal. (Keeping a subtle hi-hat pulse going in the center zone — which always plays — helps propel the mix along.) Now drag loops horizontally from the silent zone into the center zone, one by one, to start building up your track again.
Right now, only the vocal (right zone) and hi-hat (center zone) are playing. Dragging loops horizontally from the silent zone (left) adds them back to the mix, creating a build.
Unlike most music apps, in which you click Record and then pray you perform something good, Looptastic is always listening. In Looptastic, you hit Record after you’ve played something great, knowing Looptastic has already captured it. This retro-recording design eliminates the “red light jitters” so many performers get.
With the flagship Looptastic Producer app, you can really personalize your mix by importing your own sounds over Wi-Fi. (We call it Mashup to Go.) Looptastic automatically time-stretches your loops so they play in sync, but there’s also a hidden sound-bite feature: Before import, change the mode to One Shot on your computer. That disables the time-stretching so your sound bite plays normally. By setting the loop length, you can control how often it repeats.
Set sound bites to One Shot mode and Looptastic Producer will play them at the original speed. Control how often the phrase repeats by picking a bar length.
One of our biggest customer requests was for a way to export recordings as high-res audio files. That’s now possible in all versions of Looptastic. (Except the free one, although even it captures your performance moves, so you can still record the iPhone’s analog output.) You can burn exported files directly to CD.
Got a hot tip? Send it in! We’ll feature the best ones here, along with a link to your site or YouTube demo.